Not ‘feeling it’ from the gym membership? Workout from home!
I have a confession to make. I truly dislike going to the gym.
The funny thing is that I used to be a gym rat. I knew my way around the place, I got involved in several classes and it never bothered me how much time I spent there. The more the better, I always thought.
The gym was the only place where I felt like I could get a killer workout.
So what changed? Obviously, I didn’t stop working out. I simply found a more efficient way to do it by working out from home. For some, there will always be something special about going to the gym, but for others, not so much. To those people I say all is not lost.
Think about some of the things home workouts can do for you.
- No travel time — even if you live close to a gym, that can be 30 minutes down the drain if you count finding a parking space. You could have spent that time having a protein shake or starting your warmup.
- Waiting for machines — Talk about annoying. The gym is always packed. Have you ever felt like you spent more time standing around waiting at the gym than you did actually putting in the work? I did.
- Less distractions — take it from a momma of three wild kids, there are more distractions at the gym.
- Money savings — Gym memberships can be pricey, especially if the whole family is going with you. For those of you who love statistics, I’ll have some here in a second.
- Total time spent — You can complete a killer workout in 30 minutes from home.