First Date Questions – Today’s article is short and to the point. For single Christians, dating is always the first topic that comes up. While there are so many other things we could all be doing, dating and first dates seem to occupy a lot of bandwidth in our minds. So lets talk about some great first date questions we can ask.
I simply love first dates. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about another person and see if there is any future potential. Ultimately the worst that could come of the situation is that you met a new person you may never see again. The best, a partner for life. With such extremes, it leaves lots of room to have fun and ask some really cool questions.
First Date Questions – The Frame
First let me frame this article. If you are simply ready to find a partner for life, consider first reading 5 Questions Single Christians Should Ask. This article is more about intentional dating rather than having fun and figuring out who you are.
This post is more about the questions then the decision to continue dating someone after the first date. Hence the title first date questions. Here are some of the question I have accumulated over the years that are useful in trying to understand the person in front of you. Some are fun first date questions, others are more serious.
If you have never met this person before, you can probably start with some of the ice breakers like: What’s in your fridge? OR What kind of music do you like? OR What do you do for a living?
Here are 10 more first date questions that can break the ice:
- Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
- What kinds of things really make you laugh?
- What’s your favorite place in the entire world?
- Favorite movie of all time? Why so?
- What’s your biggest goal in life right now?
- What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday?
- Do you have any pet peeves?
- What should I know about you that I’d never think to ask about?
- Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it?
So you made it through the ice breakers without being ready to go?
Here are 4 first date questions that are a bit more intense:
- What do you think is the biggest mistake that men/women tend to make in relationships?
- What are the qualities of your ideal relationship?
- Do you feel that you’ve ever had a truly successful relationship?
- Why did your last relationship fail? (Note: Does she take any responsibility or was it all her ex-boyfriend’s fault?)
First dates can be fun. If you are prepared ahead of time with some first date questions you can easily have fun without worrying about what you will ask next. As always, be careful out there as you venture out on the dating scene.